Safety Guidelines Drop Off and Pick Up
The safety of every child at ECE matters to us all. Please read these guidelines closely, ask questions about items you need clarified, and follow the outlined procedures when picking up and dropping of your children.
- Please do not pass other cars in the drop off/pick up loop. Be patient and wait while those in front of you pull away from the curb. Additionally if there is an open parking space in front of you, please pull forward. This will keep the flow of traffic moving. If your child is still not out the building go around the loop again or park. This will free up a spot for a parent whose child is already outside and waiting to be picked up.
- Parking in the drop off and pick up loop creates a blockage in the flow of traffic. If you are not immediately picking up or dropping off your child, please park in a designated parking spot. When your child is ready to enter/ exit your vehicle you may pull into the loop from the parking lot. Please do not park in the drop off and pick up loop.
- Children walking through a busy parking lot can be dangerous. Please do not direct your children to come and find you in the parking lot. Likewise, please do not drop your children off in the parking lot. As stated before if your child does not exit the building right away, you can loop back around or park and go inside to find your student. If you park in a designated spot when dropping your child off, please walk your child through the cross walk.
- The area past the concrete pylons that lead to the bus riders and to the bus pick up is considered a parking area. Please follow the above guidelines for dropping off and picking up in the parking areas. Students should not be walking through the parking areas without an adult.
- If you get out of car for any reasons, please park in a designated parking spot. This includes helping your child out of the car, forgotten items, or just wanting to give them a goodbye hug. Again, please walk your child through the cross walk and do not let them walk through the parking without grown-up supervision.
- Please adhere to the posted speed limits within the parking lot.
Elk Creek Elementary
804 W. Main Street
New Castle, C0 81647
Lisa Pierce, Principal